Dixon Hall was established in November of 1929 and began distributing aid in December of that year. Since that time we have come a long way in terms of how we tackle social issues and how we engage our community. For the first thirty years we resembled a Christian relief agency. In the 1970’s we responding to the changing needs of our community by changing our strategy, and refocused our efforts on community involvement and capacity building. Since that time we have grown significantly in the breadth of programs and supports that we provide, particularly in the area of hostels and housing. Over 80 years Dixon Hall has seen many programs come and go, but at the core of our operation the same guiding principle has remained: to serve those with the greatest need, to give hope, dreams and possibilities to those who would otherwise have none. This guiding creed can be seen in everything we do, from engaging partnerships to innovative and community generated programs.